A Bibliography for Jane Lead
- McDowell, Paula. The Women of Grub Street: Press, Politics and Gender in the London Literary Marketplace 1678-1730 Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1997. (Forthcoming)
- Smith, Catherine. "Jane Lead: The Feminist Mind and Art of a
Seventeenth-Century Protestant Mystic." in Women of Spirit:
Female Leadership in the Jewish and Christian Traditions
Ed. by Rosemary Ruether and Eleanor McLaughlin. New Ygrk:
Simon and Schuster, 1979.
- Smith, Catherine. "Jane Lead: Mysticism and the Woman Cloathed with the Sun." In Shakespeare's Sisters. Ed. by Sandra Gilbert and Susan Gubar. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1979.
- Smith, Catherine. "Jane Lead's Wisdom: Women and Prophecy in Seventeenth-Century England." In Poetic Prophecy in Western Literature. Ed. by Jan Wojcik and Raymond-Jean Frontain. London, Ontario, and Cranbury, NJ: Associated University Presses,1984.
- Smith, Catherine. "Mysticism and Feminism: Jacob Boehme and Jane Lead." in Dana V. Hiller and Robin Ann Sheets, eds. In Women and Men: The Consequences of Power Office of Women's Studies, University of Cincinnati, 1977.
- Smith, Catherine. "A Note on Jane Lead with Selections from Her Writings." In Studia Mystica 3.4 (1980): 79-82.
- Smith, Catherine. "Three Guineas: Virginia Woolf's Prophecy." In Virginia Woolf and Bloomsbury: A Centenary Celebration. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1987. [References to Jane Lead's prophecy.]
- Sperle, Joanne Magnani. God's Healing Angel: A Biography of Jane Ward Lead. DAI. Vol 46, no 5, Nov 1985.
Department of English
University of Maryland, College Park