Works by Caroline Norton
(Place of publication is London unless otherwise stated.)
- The English Bijou Almanack, Poetically illustrated. Undated.
- The Sorrows of Rosalie, A Tale with Other Poems, John Ebors & Co., 1829.
- Poems and Sketches in The Court Magazine and La Belle Assemble1832-4, J. Bull.
- Poems in The English Annual1834-5.
- Poems in The Keepsake1836.
- A Voice from the Factories, John Murray, 1836.
- The Dream and Other Poems, Henry Colburn, 1840.
- The Child of the Islands, Chapman & Hall, 1845.
- Poems in Fisher's Drawing-Room Scrap-Book 1846-9.
- Aunt Carry's Ballads for Children, 1847.
- Bingen on the Rhine, John Walker & Co., undated.
- The Centenary Festival, 1859.
- The Lady of La Garaye, Macmillan & Co., 1862. (On-line edition: 1866).
- Poems and Sketches in Macmillan's Magazine, 1861-75.
- 'Crippled Jane' in Home Thoughts & Home Scenes, Routledge, Warne & Routledge, 1865.
- The Dandies Rout, by Caroline Sheridan & Helen Sheridan, Marshall & Co., 1825.
- The Wife, and Woman's Reward, Saunders & Otley, 1835.
- Stuart of Dunleath, George Routledge & Sons, 1851.
- Lost and Saved, Hurst & Blackett, 1863.
- Old Sir Douglas, first published as a serialized novel in Macmillan's Magazine, beginning January 1866. Issued as a two-volume novel by Bernhard Tauchnitz (Leipzig) in 1867.
- A Voice from the Factories, John Murray, 1836. [poem criticizing child labour in factories.]
- Observations on the Natural Claim of a Mother to the Custody of her Children as affected by the Common Law Right of the Father, John Murray, 1837, for private circulation.
- The Separation of Mother & Child by the Law of Custody of Infants, Considered, Roake & Varty, 1838.
- A Plain Letter to the Lord Chancellor on the Infant Custody Bill , by 'Pearce Stevenson, Esq.' (Caroline Norton), James Ridgeway, 1839.
- Letters to the Mob , first published in The Morning Chronicle, collected 1848.
- English Laws for Women in the Nineteenth Century, privately published, 1854.
A Letter to the Queen on Lord Chancellor Cranworth's Marriage & Divorce Bill, Longman, Brown, Green and Longman, 1855.
- A Review of the Divorce Bill of 1856, with propositions for an amendment of the laws affecting married persons, John W. Parker, 1857.
- Letters &c. Dated from June 1836, to July 1841, Privately printed, in the British Library.
- Some Unrecorded Letters of Caroline Norton, In the Altschul Collection of the Yale University, by Bertha Coolidge, privately printed, Boston, 1834.
- The Letters of Caroline Norton to Lord Melbourne, ed. Hoge, James O., and Olney, Clarke, Ohio State University Press, 1974.
- The Gypsy Father, 1830.
- Vathek (based on the novel by William Beckford), ???.
- A History of the Fishes of Madeira, by Richard T. Lowe, with original figures by the Hon. C. E. Norton, 1843.
- A Residence in Sierra Leone, 'By a Lady' (Mrs. Elizabeth Helen Melville), ed. Mrs. Norton, John Murray, 1849, repr. Frank Cass & Co.
- Prefatory Note in The Pastor of Silverdale, by Miss Stapleton, William Mackintosh, 1867.
- The Rose of Jericho, ed. the Hon. Mrs. Norton (translated from the French by her mother, Mrs. Sheridan), Tinsley Bros, 1870.
- Selected Writings of Caroline Norton, ed. Facsimile Reproductions with an Introduction and Notes by James O. Hoge & Jane Marcus, Scholar's Facsimile Reprints, Delmer, New York, 1978.
- Caroline Norton wrote a considerable number of ballads and popular songs.